Friday 8 February 2013

Crumbed and stuffed chicken breasts with options!


Evening all!!

This will be my last ‘crumbing recipe’ for a while – promise! J  Just really been enjoying the new found freedom of still eating the things we use to love, and knowing now that there won’t be any horrible consequences! Thought I would try and ‘fancy up’ the evenings meal being a Friday and the fact that we still haven’t found a place that we could all go out to dinner and order whatever we wanted without feeling guilty regarding K’s limits!!

Crumbed Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast and Crumbed Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
4 chicken breasts – I used free range
80g fresh spinach – I’m sure frozen would work too!
Feta cheese
Tasty cheese
Butter
Toothpicks

Optional, To Crumb:
1 cup Potato Flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups of seasoned Almond Meal – I used mixed herbs, salt & pepper

- Preheat oven to 180.
- Prepare chicken breasts for stuffing - I sliced each breast from one side to almost the other to create a pocket. Another idea could also be to beat each chicken breast until thin and wide so can roll
- Cook spinach in butter on stove until done.

- I decided to do two of the chicken breasts as spinach and feta, and two as just tasty cheese. So I cut enough cheese to fit along the inside of each chicken breast pocket. Approximately two slices of feta per chicken breast (2) and one slice of tasty cheese per chicken breast (2).
- Add spinach to each of the two chicken breasts (2). Obviously I used it all cause I love spinach, you may not want as much!

 - Close up all of your chicken breasts with toothpicks to hold together.
Optional crumbing-

Note: I had been having so much luck with my ‘chicken veggie nuggets’ and ‘fish bites’ regarding the crumbing, that I had to keep going!! Looking back I probably could have just rolled each chicken breast in the seasoned almond meal until coated and it would have been great, if you don’t want a heavy coating I would just do this!! Otherwise….  roll each chicken breast through the potato flour, then follow with the egg,  and then follow with rolling in the seasoned almond meal

 - Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper, cook for 30 mins or until cooked through. If you prefer a ‘golden crumb’ on the outside, you may want to spray the outside with ‘spray oil’ to help crisp up.

I then served up with my legendary ‘stick salad’ (not!)… Consisting of carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, capsicum sticks and broccoli trees!!

Let me know what you think…

Have a great Friday night and wonderful weekend!!!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment