Tuesday 26 March 2013

Brief insight - 'Food for a happy and calm household' seminar


I was lucky enough to have attended a fabulous seminar on 'Food for a happy and calm household' last Thursday (21/3/12) with Louise D'Allura from 'Meal Planning Your Way' http://www.mealplanningyourway.com/- Brilliant!!

The seminar provided an insight into additives in food and their effects on our health. For any parent struggling with behavioural issues, eczema, asthma and of course intolerances/allergies this is definitely a workshop for you!! I learnt so much about the CRAP that can be found in some of our everyday packaged food choices, especially food that is believed to be good for you!!! Thankfully though, Louise also demonstrated that there are just as many good alternatives available without having to change your diet and family favourites too much!! The most confronting part of the night though for me was learning that most of the 'additives that should be avoided' are found in  'Tim Tams'... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Now I never considered them to be 'good for you', however now I understand much better why!! :( On the night I also purchased a copy of the book 'Additive Alert' http://www.additivealert.com.au/ which is what a lot of the seminar content touched on.... Both the seminar and the book have been a great investment - definitely suggest for people to consider, you will be shocked!!

Tania Hubbard from http://www.taniaspantry.com/ was also the guest speaker on the night which was such a fabulous bonus as she shared how to cook her coconut flour muffins.... awesome!! I actually made a batch of them after dinner tonight!!


I don't think my photo does them much justice!! I will be sending this batch to school with K tomorrow to keep in their freezer. Quite often K's Childcare Centre cooks muffins on site to share with the kids so by providing these, K can enjoy muffins too!!

One of my goal's now in life is to help 'normalise' K's food so she doesn't ever feel left out or punished!! Another is to make sure the food choices I make for my family are the most informed possible!! My latest goal is to share with everyone else what I learn and experience to possibly make it easier for others!!

BIG TICK FOR ALL THREE THIS WEEK!! YEH!!

Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment