Saturday 15 June 2013

Breakfast Bruschetta - simple and delicious!!


So the family woke up this morning on our last official day of 'holidays' and decided we needed a special breakfast! We went through the usual thoughts of eggs on toast, fruit salad or a big fry up.... but I decided against it all when I noticed the bread I had baked the other day in a flatter mould and realised how similar it looked to bruschetta - the following is what we ended up with! Simple and delicious!!

Breakfast Bruschetta

Ingredients
 Bread. As previously said, I already had some 'Chia Seed & Almond Meal Bread' baked however I believe you could substitute with anything you have. Otherwise here is the recipe for the bread I used
 Fresh Banana, cut into thin slices
 Fresh Strawberries, cut into thin slices
 Honey to drizzle. I like to use Raw Local Honey.
 Cinnamon to sprinkle. I use 'pure food essentials - organic cinnamon powder'
 Yoghurt. I used Jalna Honey and Cinnamon Greek Yoghurt
 Coconut Oil to fry in. I always use one that has been 'cold pressed'. It tastes worlds better and is better for you.
 
- Cut bread into thin slices and lightly fry in the Coconut oil. I used about a tablespoon of oil
- Remove bread from pan when ready and place on a plate. Dress with slices of banana, strawberries and drizzle with honey
- Add yoghurt to the plate and sprinkle everything lightly with the cinnamon!
 
Done!!!

Hope this gives you the great start to the day that it did for us!! xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment