Friday 1 February 2013

Banana Bread - banarific!!

 
Was speaking with my sister today and she mentioned she was baking 'Banana Bread' and I thought - YUM, I want some too!!.... Plus I had a number of 'those’ banana's sitting in the fridge that are perfectly fine but look awful, so no one will willingly eat them!!!
Sooooo, had a great recipe from our 'previous life', changed it up a bit and gave it a go!! I am actually eating a piece as I type and must say - not to bad! Probably next time I will include a few spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to give it a bit more 'body' but overall pretty good!!
 
Banana Bread is always great in the kids lunch box. It can also help to make up an easy 'on the go breakfast'.... and its tasting fabulous with a nice cup of tea made by my husband!! :)
If you make this, let me know if you make any changes and how it went... Enjoy!!
Banana Bread
 
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
60g cold butter
2 cups almond meal
½ teaspoon salt – I used ‘Himalayan fine Salt’
1 teaspoon baking soda
 - Put bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and butter in a food processor and mix together
- Add almond meal, salt and baking soda and mix
- Line ‘bread tin’ with baking paper and add bread mix
- Bake at 180 for approx. 55mins
- Let it cool before cutting (I always struggle to do this but it definitely cuts better!!)
 
**Ive seen that most blog's sharing recipes include a photo! thought I'd give it a go... ta da!!!
Cheers
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment