Sunday 14 April 2013

Sunday Night Chicken and Vegie Bake


Dinner tonight was based on a lunch I had with Tania and Eric a number of weeks ago. It was also inspired by my need to use up a number of vegies and my want for a very quick and easy dinner....!!!

With all the cooking and experimenting I've been doing with recipes of late, I've developed a real love for adding spices and flavours to all my meals... I never realised how boring I cooked before, definitely another bonus from this journey of 'Cooking 4 K'....

So anyway, the following is my Sunday Night Dinner... you obviously change the quantities to suit what is in your fridge and the size of your family! Don't forget to make some extra for lunches too....!!

Ingredients

3 Chicken breasts (I used free range)
1 medium sweet potato
2 medium potato's
Small pumpkin
1 Spanish onion
2 small zucchini's
Small Broccoli
5 Cloves of garlic
Hand full of dates
2 good pinches of Ground Cinnamon
Himalayan Salt
Grape Seed Oil

- Heat oven to 180c
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper (I do this to stop everything baking to the bottom!)
- Cut each chicken breast into thirds
- Cut sweet potato, potato, and pumpkin into small chunks (smaller the piece the faster they cook!)
- Peel and halve onion
- Add everything to the baking try and add whole peeled garlic cloves, dates, sprinkle with salt and cinnamon
- Pour oil a bit at a time, whilst giving everything a good mix, to make sure all covered (I used my hands)


- Place in the oven for 15mins
- Cut zucchini into chunks and broccoli into small florets, add to pan and give everything another mix-up
- Place back in the oven for another 15mins or until everything is cooked....

The smell of the cinnamon goes right through the house whilst its cooking, beautiful!!

Once cooked, I poured everything into a large bowl and sat it in the middle of the table allowing everyone to help themselves - easy!! I also served with some Greek yoghurt and a  slice of Almond Meal & Chia Seed Bread - yum! http://www.taniaspantry.com/gluten-free-grain-free-dairy-free-nut-free-recipes/gluten-free-grain-free-paleo-yeast-free-baking/gluten-free-grain-free-yeast-free-dairy-free-bread-paleo/

 
Synch!!










No comments:

Post a Comment